This challenging 2-day course enables participants to acquire the skills and competencies required to become certified as global CSR practitioners. Through specialized, detailed and highly focused training, it provides them with the tools and necessary practical framework of every CSR aspect.
- Global and Local Legislation for CSR and Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions
- The Importance of Stakeholder Εngagement and Supply Chain
- Green Marketing and Cause Related Marketing
- Sustainability (CSR) Strategy - Related Global Standards & Guidelines (UN Global Compact, ISO 26000, Global Reporting Initiative, Carbon Disclosure Project, etc.)
- Creation of a Carbon Footprint Strategy and Life Cycle Assessment
- Sustainability (CSR) Reporting and Classification Based on GRI Guidelines
- The Role of the Sustainability (CSR) Practitioner and Future Trends
EXERCISE: Action Plan for Your Organization (pre-requisite for becoming a certified CSR/Sustainability Practitioner)
This training is designed for professionals in:
- Public Relations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Sustainability / CSR
- Environmental Management
CSE has trained more than 5,000 professionals, General Managers, Directors and Senior Executives from prestigious organizations, across 25 countries and five continents since 2005. At present, more than 300 CSR Practitioners across North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East are implementing the most advanced methodologies on CSR Strategy and Reporting, Stakeholder Engagement, Green Marketing and CSR Scorecard.
For more information on the training and booking, please visit csrp-houston2014.eventbrite.com.
Join CBSR for our 11th Annual Summit - The Transformational Company: Applied. The theme this year is grounded in the Transformational Company framework, developed as a guide for companies scaling up their efforts to address systemic societal risks and challenges.
Join us to gain leading-edge strategies, practical tools, and case studies of how your company can address systemic challenges; yield a lasting impact with your stakeholders; gain a competitive edge; and become a catalyst for scaling transformation in Canada.
Featuring: John Elkington, Founding Partner and Executive Chairman of Volans* as the Keynote Speaker
Practical Case Studies & Facilitated Roundtable Discussions
Deepen your capacity and knowledge in the following key areas:
- Multi-Stakeholder Collaborations & Partnerships that yield a lasting impact on systemic issues.
- Road to “Breakthrough Capitalism” and Scaling Transformation in Canada changing the rules to ensure a healthy, fair, and affordable world for 9 billion people.
- Sustainable Value Chains, best practices and lessons learned working with corporate value chains to improve the sustainability performance of the company’s up and downstream impacts.
- CSR Reporting: the Shift from Inform to Engage trends, tools, and best practices of improving performance and creating on-going engagement.
- Public Policy Advocacy with a focus on how and why companies influence governments to adopt policies to advance sustainability.
Each of the sessions includes facilitated round-table exercises and discussions that capture the wealth of experiences from attendees. See Session details for full descriptions.
We will end the day with dinner to celebrate the winners of the Excellence in Corporate Responsibility (ECR) Awards.
PR News’ CSR Awards is the industry’s best showcase for the most powerful, impactful social responsibility and green campaigns. The finalists in this awards program set new standards of excellence and lead the way for other organizations to follow.
The entry deadline is Friday, November 8, 2013 and winners along with honorable mentions will be honored in spring 2014. The final deadline to enter is November 15. For more information or to enter online, visit PR News online at www.prnewsonline.com/awards/csr2013.
PR News recognizes that corporate social responsibility is an essential building block of organizations’ annual business plans. CSR enhances reputation and builds positive bridges to communities, customers and the public at large—and in doing so, affects the bottom line. The sweeping nature of social media has only magnified its influence, which is why PR News takes great pride in honoring the most outstanding communications efforts powering corporate social responsibility and green initiatives. The winners of the CSR Awards represent corporations, agencies and nonprofits. They are the risk takers who have taken tremendous strides and understand the important role CSR contributes to an organization’s success. To enter online, visit www.prnewsonline.com/awards/csr2013.
UN Day Luncheon is New England’s premier event recognizing the global engagement work and mission of the UN.
It is Tuesday, November 5, 2013 at the Boston Park Plaza Hotel. This Luncheon gathers approximately 300 of New England’s high level business, professional, diplomatic and academic leaders to hear and address a topic related to UN and international affairs. Again this year, we will present the Global Corporate Citizenship Honor Roll at the luncheon, where all the Massachusetts signatories of the UN Principles of Responsible Investment, UN Principles for Responsible Management Education and UN Global Compact will be recognized. UNA-GB is excited to have Ambassador Nicholas Burns as our keynote speaker.
Ambassador Burns is a Professor of the Practice of Diplomacy and International Politics at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government. He served in the US Foreign Service for 27 years as Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs, Ambassador to NATO and Greece, and State Department Spokesman.
This 45-minute complimentary webinar will provide participants with a overview of stakeholder engagement and how it may be used in an organization’s approach to sustainability.
All of the most widely used and recognized standards and guidance documents relating to managing and communicating on sustainability activities make a reference to stakeholder engagement and for some this activity is a fundamental element (including ISO 26000, GRI, AA1000 series).
This webinar is designed to present the fundamentals of stakeholder engagement and will make reference to relevant standards and guidelines.
- What is Stakeholder Engagement?
- How is it used in the Sustainability Communications cycle?
- What do the standards/guidance documents say?
- How does it work in practice?
This complimentary webinar is aimed at social responsibility practitioners at strategic and operational levels - especially those involved directly in sustainability reporting and communications.
It will be of particular value to all corporate communications professionals working in investor relations, company secretaries, corporate affairs, internal communications and those involved in governance of communications, marketing and brand specialists. It will also be of value to practitioners in ISO 26000 related areas including supply chain, HR, H&SE practitioners.
Furthermore, it will be valuable to practitioners in the sustainability communications value chain and any senior organizational professionals who wish to move forward their organization’s social responsibility position and are taking a wide-scale organizational approach to embedding social responsibility in to their organizations and taking a strategic approach to sustainability.
A core principle of a well-managed sustainability system is ensuring you fully engage with your stakeholders. Robust stakeholder engagement is good business practice and helps you to scan for future risks and opportunities, and to be prepared for them.
Stakeholder engagement is keys to winning buy-in and trust from your stakeholders and done well it can make a significant difference to the credibility of your sustainability communications programme.
Click here to register for Session 1
10:00 a.m. Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Amsterdam (Europe Summer Time)
05:00 p.m. Singapore, Kuala Lumpur (Singapore Time)
Click here to register for Session 2
01:00 p.m. London (GMT)
02:00 p.m. Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Amsterdam (Europe Summer Time)
09:00 a.m. New York (Eastern Daylight Time)
The Yale Center for Customer Insights, The Yale Center for Business and the Environment and Interbrand are partnering to bring you an exclusive conference on sustainability and the power of true stories.
Companies can no longer pay mere lip service to sustainability in a leveled, democratic marketplace where consumers demand transparency as the return on their emotional and economic investment in a brand. Successful companies must be ready to tell a compelling and authentic sustainability story, acknowledging limitations and defining an honest vision for overcoming them.
At the Sustainability Marketing: The Power of True Stories conference, we’ll explore new ways of thinking about sustainability, authenticity and storytelling with talks from leading academics and practitioners across a range of fields. We’ll highlight recent research on the impact of transparency on consumer behavior, and we’ll show how smart companies are turning sustainability into measurable brand value by telling stories that matter.
Complimentary Webinar: Streamlined CSR Data Management With Wdesk
Does your team struggle with collecting, managing and validating CSR report data from a wide range of stakeholders?
In this webinar, you will learn how the Data Collection Solution allows your CSR reporting team to efficiently create templates, collect and input data, and compile the final information in real time.
Your team will have complete control over the entire process—from stakeholder collaboration and review to the final published report. Register today, and discover a streamlined CSR reporting process.
Click here to register!
Join PR News on Tuesday, Oct. 22, for a webinar that will show you how PR practitioners can develop a social good program that tells a clear story, or find the powerful story within an existing program. You’ll learn the best ways to communicate social good program results internally and externally; find the human stories in your social good programs and build your communications strategies around them; tell those stories with visual tactics such as Pinterest, Instagram and short form video; and add to your organization’s social responsibility capital in advance of a crisis.
At this webinar, you'll learn how to:
- Craft social good stories that are likely to be shared on social platforms
- Use video and images to convey the authenticity of your social good programs
- Make storytelling central to your sustainability reports
- Use data as a foundation for your stories about your social good programs
- Move employees and customers to action in your social good programs
- Engage your social media communities in the process of social good storytelling
- Make complex issues fun and engaging for millennial audiences
- Determine which cause’s story aligns with your brand’s story
Ecochem is a free exhibition and conference bringing together the world’s most influential industry and government leaders, scientists, young future leaders and innovators from across the chemical industry and value chains to help accelerate innovation, research commercialisation and market uptake in the design, production and use of efficient, effective, safe and more environmentally benign chemical products and processes.
3 days, 200+ interactive presentations, 180 speakers, 8 streams, 50 exhibitors and 2,000+ visitors.
Attend this free international business event and get equipped with the crucial tools and insights to:
- Build a shared vision
- Get ahead and leverage new tools and technologies
- Implement new solutions and ideas
- Meet 50+ technology providers
- Develop new relationships across the value chain
- Discover transformational plans that contribute to the collective benefit of people, the planet and profits
Market leaders including Dow, BASF, Clariant, Evonik, DuPont, Nestle, Nike, Volkswagen, P&G, Novartis and L’Oreal will share insight, breakthrough research, and disruptive new concepts and technologies – all designed to inspire and equip the leaders of tomorrow with the critical strategic and technical knowledge, contacts and skills needed to reinvent businesses and economies.
Who should come to Ecochem
Our visitors and delegates are leaders and high-level executives from:
- Chemical Companies
- Industrial Biotechnology Companies
- Process Engineering Companies
- Consumer Market Leaders and Brand Owners
- Young Future Leaders and Innovators
- SMEs and Start-ups
- Venture Capitalists and Investors
- Technology and Solution Providers
- Bio-based Chemical Companies
- Feedstock Producers and Processors
- Consultants, Engineers and Scientists
- Research Bodies and Academia
- Government, Policy and NGO Organisations
So join the world’s most powerful industry thought-leaders all in one place, with a new vision for the future of the chemical industry.
If you are responsible for development or execution of corporate citizenship programs that add value to both business and society, crafting a strategic focus that aligns with the business is essential to your success. A long-term perspective, strategic focus and articulated goals and milestones are fundamental to building and sustaining value-focused corporate citizenship programs. This course will help you construct, align and focus your corporate citizenship strategy.
What to expect
Throughout the 2½ day program, you will apply the instructor presentations and frameworks to examples, and individual and small group exercises. Best practices will be highlighted as practical examples of strategic corporate citizenship. Following the completion of this course you should be able to:
- Appreciate exceptional performance as the norm for corporate citizenship
- Establish a purpose and goals for your corporate citizenship programs
- Articulate the impact of stakeholder expectations, materiality and the organization’s business objectives on the development and execution of corporate citizenship